Covid-19 awareness information
Coronavirus disease in Los Angeles
For more information on coronavirus disease 2019 in Los Angeles: The California Department of Public Health (CDPH Website) provides updates for the entire state of California. Their current press releases can be found here.
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health: </br> Updates and press releases can be found on their website. </be>
Official Los Angeles City Coronavirus Webpage: </br>Follow the Los Angeles' City Page on Coronovirus for current information.
Governor Gavin Newsom and Supervisor Kathyrn Barger
Governor Gavin Newsom and Supervisor Kathryn Barger both declared a State of Emergency and Local Health Emergency in order to make additional resources available both on the state and federal level, as well additional appropriate relief programs, increased protections against price gouging, and more.
Key Steps and Basic Precautions to Take:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 40 to 60 seconds
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover a cough or sneeze
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick
- Practice good public health hygiene
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces with household spray or wet wipe.
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- FAQs: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
- How it Spreads: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/transmission.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Prevention and Treatment: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html
- What To Do If You Are Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html